Monday 1 May 2017

"Entanglement of Bluebells" plus other things



A very special Bluebell Wood on the Dalton Hall Estate (Click over to enlarge)

This is what I call "A Entanglement of Bluebells" (Click over to enlarge)

Bank Holiday Monday May 1st 2017 - Dalton Hall Estate - mid afternoon

I decided to-day to check out another area of the Dalton Hall Estate (with permission) where I will normally get really good numbers of Common Redstart and Tree Pipits together with Garden Warblers, Chiffchaffs and Willow Warblers.  I was lucky to record two GARDEN WARBLERS returned to their normal territories, but still waiting for the Redstarts and Pipits to arrive.  Whilst over there I just could not resist calling in to check out the fabulous BLUEBELL Woods and as usual never disappointed with the results. This photo is just but a sample of the great mass of lovely bluebells which stretched throughout the wood and the aroma from these plants was fabulous!

******************************




Tuesday May 2nd 2017 - Dalton Crags 0900-1000hrs

Garden Warblers singing away, I just wish I had the gear to record such brilliance!

I have had Speckled Wood Butterflies for over a week now in all the usual woodland rides.

Wow! I almost forgot to report I had a group of five WHIMBREL last Sunday (30th April) feeding up on the freshly mowed field near to Cote Green Farm in Burton In Kendal.